Cable Technician Job Summary:
SitePro Solutions is seeking a cable technician for a telecommunications opportunity. This low voltage, cabling role is a full-time opportunity offering competitive weekly pay and benefits after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Pull and route CAT5 or CAT 6 cable in a data center or new construction commercial environment
- Terminate phone jacks
- Dress and terminate distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Test cable/troubleshoot networking issues
- Install support structures (ladders, racks, j-hooks)
What we are looking for:
- A cable technician or cable installer with at least one year of telecommunications low voltage experience
- Ownership of basic telecom tools: Punch down, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, Hard Hat, Boots, Safety Glasses, etc.
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA or NEC Standards a plus
- A reliable vehicle and valid drivers license.
- Must adhere to OSHA safety standards
- Must be able to see colors/knowledge of color codes