HVAC Technician II:
SitePro Solutions is seeking an experienced HVAC Service Technician for a direct-hire opportunity with one of America's premier mechanical, construction, and facility services companies!
In this role, you will perform service calls on a range of equipment including major industrial units up to 150 tons. Your day-to-day will include diagnosing HVAC system performance, disassembly and reassembly of equipment to troubleshoot urgent repairs, and completing routine maintenance calls throughout the city. You will be interfacing directly with clients, so strong communication and a professional attitude are essential. In addition, time management is key in tackling your calls in the most efficient ways possible.
What you can expect:
- A dependable career with a company recognized by FORTUNE Magazine as one of the "100 Best Places to Work".
- Competitive pay up to $38/hr, DOE.
- Monday-Friday, 730am-5pm; on-call rotation required.
- Company vehicle and gas card.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Clear opportunities for career advancement.
Must-have HVAC knowledge:
- HVAC Unitary skills:
- Split system – all brands up to 120 tons.
- Mini-split system – up to 3 tons heat pump and all brands MultiZone, VRV Heat Pump and VRV Heat Recovery.
- Roof top units – all brands up to 150+ tons.
- Water source heat pumps – all brands up to 120 tons.
- Self-contained systems – water-cooled and air cooled with remote condenser and CRAC units – Leibert/data-aire/Stultz.
- Chiller skills:
- Air-cooled chillers – Scroll/reciprocating, Screw, Screw with VFD and Magnetic.
- Water Cooled Chiller – Scroll/reciprocating, Screw, Variable Speed Screw and Magnetic.
- Centrifugal Chiller Theory.
- Airside skills:
- Fan Powered Box, VAV Box, VFD Theory.
- Air Handler: Theory of AHU operation and Theory of control valve operation.
- Exhaust fans: Centrifugal Up blast Roof Fans, Centrifugal Inline Fan and Vane Axial High Pressure Fans.
- Pumps and Piping Systems skills:
- Pumps – ability to identify all components, pump configurations and chiller configurations.
- Flow Control – automatic/circuit setter.
- Piping – strainers and backflow devices.
What we need from you:
- A thorough understanding of HVAC principles and systems including industry codes and standards.
- Fundamental knowledge of A/C and low voltage D/C electrical circuits.
- A current EPA certification and 7+ years of experience in HVAC service work on commercial equipment.
- Ability to read complex schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to self-motivate and get the job done with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor with solid interpersonal skills.
This won't just be a just another job; this is an opportunity to launch your career! These guys want the best, do you have what it takes?