We all know that attracting and retaining employees can be challenging at times. This is especially true for low-voltage cable technicians.
Changing your approach to attracting and retaining cable techs can help you find and keep the best talent. Working with a staffing company that specializes in cable technicians is also beneficial.
Discover the best ways to attract and retain top cable techs.
Improve Your Hiring Process
Updating your hiring process can help attract and retain cable technicians:
- Encourage employee referrals. Your current staff is a great source of cable technicians. Referrals likely will fit with your company’s culture and fill the job requirements. They should also remain long-term because they know someone within the organization. As a tip, be sure to provide an employee with appropriate incentives for each referral who joins your company and remains for a set period of time.
- Put together an interview panel. This shortens the interview process. It also helps make more educated decisions about which cable technicians to add to your team.
- Move through your hiring process as quickly as possible. Since the best cable technicians often receive multiple job offers, they typically are off the market within 10 days. Therefore, you want to make fast hiring decisions to find quality talent.
Offer Attractive Benefits
Most cable technicians want health, dental, and vision insurance from their employer. Access to these types of insurance helps offset the increasing costs of quality healthcare. Helping employees pay for appointments, supplies, and procedures shows you care about their health and well-being.
Offering a retirement plan helps employees secure a comfortable future for themselves and their families. Many cable technicians appreciate having a 401(k) with a company match. Providing assistance with retirement planning shows you value your employees’ loyalty to the organization.
Paid time off lets your cable technicians spend time with family and friends and handle personal responsibilities. Having time away from work enhances your technicians’ health and well-being and job satisfaction.
Demonstrate Career Advancement
Clarify how an employee can move up within your organization:
- Align the organizational chart with the strategic plan. Define which roles are essential to support future products or services.
- Clarify job descriptions and key duties and responsibilities. Include the skills needed for the position.
- Create road maps for teams, departments, and business functions. Include opportunities for lateral moves and advancement.
- Have managers work with their employees to create career development plans. Include learning plans to attain employee goals.
- Identify employee training needs and development programs.
- Use career management software to track each employee’s career development progress.
Partner With a Staffing Company
Work with a staffing company that specializes in cable technicians. The company can provide qualified, vetted candidates to fill your project needs.
The experts at SitePro Solutions have a national database of industry-certified cable technicians. We can provide skilled expertise for projects ranging from large national data centers to stadiums, hospitals, and schools. Our contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire options can be customized to fill your business needs.
Do You Need Help Attracting and Retaining Cable Technicians?
Talk with SitePro Solutions about your need for cable technicians, and we’ll make sure you have the qualified workers you need. Reach out today to get started.